Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Prayer

This is from something I wrote about 11 years ago while I was in college. I hope you dig it. It makes me think of how much I loved music back then. I think I've changed some, but this is how I feel about the art.
Lord, make me an instrument of your love,
Help me to understand myself, along with the universe.
Help me to take in the need, the love and passion for
This great thing called passion.
I would like to have the passion to appreciate the worth of human nature
Wherein I breathe the breath of my soul in which
it can go further through life and it can also
tell me my conscience
Whether it be bad or good, I want to know
The true meaning of life.
I love you O Lord, My God,
I appreciate my faults in life.
You have given me a gift of expression,
Through music I can speak over 10,0000 languages through my voice.
I love you for that
I love you for this.
I have this sweet sense of knowledge
Because of you
I want to live the life of a pauper with the riches of
Wisdom
Through wisdom, I can erase this funkness of this rash reality
And make it into a love, a sweet harmless dance of soul

No comments: